Location: Paterson, NJ 07508
Paterson is the 3rd largest city in the state of New Jersey. It has a population of 146. 199 which makes it the second most densely populated city in the US with a population over 100,000. Paterson residents have been able to switch their electricity supply rate to a retail energy provider since 1999 when the state of New Jersey pass the Electric Discount and Energy Competition Act. Below you can find more information on Paterson's energy profile.
Solar Score for Paterson, NJ 07508
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Paterson, NJ 07508
New Jersey produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Over 90% of the electricity produced in NJ comes from natural gas or nuclear energy.
- Coal and renewable energy make up the remaining electricity production in New Jersey
- There are 3 nuclear power plants in New Jersey
- Solar power supplies nearly 75% of the renewable energy generated in New Jersey
Looking for a specific city in New Jersey? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: