Location: Dallas, TX
Dallas became energy deregulated in In 1999 when Texas passed Senate Bill 7. After the bill was passed, nearly all of Texas became deregulated except for a few cities like Austin and San Antonio. Dallas is the 3rd largest city in Texas behind Houston and San Antonio. The city is home to over 1.3 residents and the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area is home to over 7 million people. Currently, about 40% of the residents in Dallas have switched to a retail electricity provider. Below you can find more information on the Dallas, TX energy market.
Check Out Our Latest Video on Texas Energy
Solar Score for Dallas, TX
Compare Electricity has developed a solar score for Dallas, TX residents and businesses of 56/100. The score is based on on a combination of factors including how much sun the area receives, roof space and obstacles that may obstruct the sun, electricity generation needed to be cost-effective, and more. Here is a description of each section of the solar score graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Dallas, TX
Texas produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Texas leads the nation in producing crude oil, natural gas, and overall energy production
- Texas has 29 oil refineries that can produce over 5 million barrels of crude oil per day
- TX leads the nation in natural gas production and hold 25% of all the natural gas reserves in the US
- A rapidly growing wind energy initiative in TX has resulted in in 18,500 mW of installed capacity
Looking for a specific city in Texas? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: