Location: Trenton, NJ 08608
The capital of New Jersey is Trenton with over 84,000 residents. Trenton is located in the central part of the state in Mercer County. While the city is grouped in with the New York metro area, Trenton borders directly to the Philadelphia metro. Trenton residents have had energy deregulation since 1999 when the state restructured their utilities and opened their energy market to competitors. The goal was to increase competition and drive down rates for New Jersey residents. While the state has been deregulated for nearly 2 decades, only about 20% of Trenton residents have switched of their utility. Below you will find more information o the Trenton energy market.
Check Out Our Latest Video on New Jersey Energy Usage
Solar Score for Trenton, NJ 08608
Compare Electricity has developed a solar score for Trenton, NJ residents and businesses of 27/100. The score is based on on a combination of factors including how much sun the area receives, roof space and obstacles that may obstruct the sun, electricity generation needed to be cost-effective, and more. Here is a description of each section of the solar score graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Trenton, NJ 08608
Trenton, NJ produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Over 90% of the energy produced in from natural gas or nuclear energy
- 75% of the renewable energy produced comes from solar
- Even though there are no fossil fuels in Trenton, coal is imported from other states
- Natural gas has out produced nuclear energy since 2013
Looking for a specific city in New Jersey? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: