Location: Flint, MI 48501
Flint, MI is the 4th largest city in the state with over 425,000 residents. It is located on the Flint River about 66 miles northwest of Detroit. Flint residents have had a choice to switch off their utility to a retail energy provider since 2000. Michigan passed the Customer Choice and Electricity Reliability Act opening up their doors to retail energy providers to offer competing electricity supply rates. Below you can find more information of the Flint, MI energy profile
Solar Score for Flint, MI 48501
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Flint, MI 48501
Michigan produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Coal is the main source of electricity generation with half of Michigan residents using it as their main source of electricity
- Natural gas has doubled in the last decade and should continue to grow for the foreseeable future
- 75% of the energy generated in the state comes from the lower peninsula
- 3 nuclear power plants supply nearly 30% of the electricity generation
Looking for a specific city in Michigan? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: