Location: Atlantic City, NJ
Atlantic City is a resort city in New Jersey know of its Casinos and nightlife. However, there are around 40,000 residents who live in the city year-round. The city is located in the southern part of the state right on the Atlantic Ocean. With all the casinos and nightlife, the commercial sector uses the most energy in the city. However, residents and business have had the ability to shop electricity supply rates since New Jersey deregulated their energy market in 1999. To find out more about the electricity rates in Atlantic City and more information on the city’s energy market, see the graphs below.
Solar Score for Atlantic City, NJ
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Atlantic City, NJ
Atlantic City, NJ produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Over 90% of the energy produced in from natural gas or nuclear energy
- 75% of the renewable energy produced comes from solar
- Even though there are no fossil fuels in Atlantic City, coal is imported from other states
- Natural gas has out produced nuclear energy since 2013
Looking for a specific city in New Jersey? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: