Location: Dallas, TX 75202
Dallas became energy deregulated in In 1999 when Texas passed Senate Bill 7. After the bill was passed, nearly all of Texas became deregulated except for a few cities like Austin and San Antonio. Dallas is the 3rd largest city in Texas behind Houston and San Antonio. The city is home to over 1.3 residents and the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area is home to over 7 million people. Currently, about 40% of the residents in Dallas have switched to a retail electricity provider. Below you can find more information on the Dallas, TX energy market.
Solar Score for Dallas, TX 75202
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Dallas, TX 75202
Texas produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Texas leads the nation in producing crude oil, natural gas, and overall energy production
- Texas has 29 oil refineries that can produce over 5 million barrels of crude oil per day
- TX leads the nation in natural gas production and hold 25% of all the natural gas reserves in the US
- A rapidly growing wind energy initiative in TX has resulted in in 18,500 mW of installed capacity
Looking for a specific city in Texas? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: