Location: Waco, TX 76703
The city of Waco became energy deregulated In 1999 when Texas passed Senate Bill 7. This bill effectively broke apart most of the state’s public utilities. Except for a few cities like Austin and San Antonio, nearly all of Texas has energy deregulation. Waco is located about half-way between Dallas and Austin on the Brazos River. The city has a population of 124,805 and the metro area have over 200,000 residents. Along with the rest of Texas, Waco has an abundance of energy sources. Below you can find more information on Waco's energy usage, sources, solar, and electricity rates.
Solar Score for Waco, TX 76703
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Waco, TX 76703
Texas produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Texas leads the nation in producing crude oil, natural gas, and overall energy production
- Texas has 29 oil refineries that can produce over 5 million barrels of crude oil per day
- TX leads the nation in natural gas production and hold 25% of all the natural gas reserves in the US
- A rapidly growing wind energy initiative in TX has resulted in in 18,500 mW of installed capacity
Looking for a specific city in Texas? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: