Location: Concord, NH 03304
Concord is the capital of New Hampshire with a population of 42,695. Concord residents have had an energy choice since the state became deregulated in 1998. However, it took a few years for the state’s utilities to restructure and fully open the doors to retail energy providers. By 2002, the last of the state’s utilities had restructured and retail energy providers were able to offer rates to Concord residents. Concord has historically had higher electricity rates than the rest of the country so it is important for residents to take advantage of their energy choice and shop electricity rates. Here is some more information on the Concord energy market.
Solar Score for Concord, NH 03304
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Concord, NH 03304
Concord, NH produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Nuclear power accounts for over half of the energy generation in New Hampshire
- Biomass is the top renewable energy source with hydroelectric and wind energy also abundant
- Natural gas has risen significantly in the past 15 years
- There are no fossil fuels in NH, all fossil fuels used are imported from surrounding states.
Looking for a specific city in New Hampshire? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: