Location: Manchester, NH
Manchester is not only the largest city in New Hampshire but also the largest in the northern New England region. Located on the banks of the Merrimack river it is home to over 110,000 residents. Manchester became has had energy deregulation since a bill was proposed to the New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission in 1997 which called for the restructuring of state utilities and opening the energy market to competition. Granite State Electric Company was the first utility to begin the restructuring in 1998. By December 2002, all of the New Hampshire utilities had restructured, and retail energy providers were able to enter the state. For more information on the Manchester energy market, see the data below.
Solar Score for Manchester, NH
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Manchester, NH
Manchester, NH produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Nuclear power accounts for over half of the energy generation in New Hampshire
- Biomass is the top renewable energy source with hydroelectric and wind energy also abundant
- Natural gas has risen significantly in the past 15 years
- There are no fossil fuels in NH, all fossil fuels used are imported from surrounding states
Looking for a specific city in New Hampshire? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: