Location: Nashua, NH
Nashua is the 2nd largest city in New Hampshire with a population of 87,882. Located on the southern border of New Hampshire, Nashua residents typically experience long and col winters and humid summers. Nashua, along with the rest of NH, experience some of the highest energy rates in the country. There are no fossil fuels in the state so the majority of energy generation comes from their nuclear power plants. Due to these historically high rates, its import Nashua resident take advantage of energy deregulation and shop for the lowest supply rate. Below is more information on the Nashua energy market.
Check Out The Latest Video on New Hampshire
Solar Score for Nashua, NH
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Nashua, NH
Nashua, NH produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Over half of the electricity generation comes from the Seabrook nuclear power plant
- Hydroelectric power accounts for 7% of total energy generation in the state
- There are no fossil fuels in NH, all fossil fuel usage is imported
- Natural gas generation has risen significantly since 2002
Looking for a specific city in New Hampshire? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: