Location: Portsmouth, NH 03805
Portsmouth is the only city in Rockingham County, NH. It is home to 21,233 residents as of the 2010 US census. Portsmouth became energy deregulated in 1996 when New Hampshire passed RSA 374-F. The goal of energy deregulation was to create price competition between utilities and retail energy providers. However, as of today, New Hampshire still has some of the highest electricity rates in the nation. For more information on Portsmouth energy source, usage, solar potential, and electricity rates, see the information below.
Solar Score for Portsmouth, NH 03805
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Portsmouth, NH 03805
New Hampshire produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- New Hampshire has no fossil fuels, all fossil fuels used in NH are imported
- New Hampshire has the largest nuclear energy plant in the northeast
- Biomass accounts for nearly half of all renewable energy generate in New Hampshire
- Natural gas usage has nearly doubled in the last decade
Looking for a specific city in New Hampshire? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: