Connecticut Energy Profile
Location: Hartford, CT 06101
Hartford, CT residents, and businesses have been able to shop and compare their electricity supply rate since 1998. Historically, Hartford, CT, along with the rest of Connecticut, have had higher electricity rates than the national average. Most of Hartford is served by the utility Eversource Energy which was formally Connecticut Power & Lights but was rebranded in February of 2015. The energy rates in Hartford are around 25% less than the rest of CT. For more information on Hartford energy usage, rates and sources, see the information below.
Check Out Our Latest Video On Connecticut
Solar Score for Hartford, CT 06101
Compare Electricity has developed a solar score for Hartford, CT residents and businesses of 33. This score is based on on a combination of factors including how much sun the area receives, roof space and obstacles that may obstruct the sun, electricity generation needed to be cost-effective, and more. Here is a description of each section of the solar score graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Hartford, CT 06101
Hartford, CT produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Nuclear energy is still the main source for Hartford residents
- Natural gas is growing fast and is now the main source of heat in the winter for Hartford residents
- Hartford is promoting the use of alternative energy for the transportation sector to cut down on emissions
- Solar energy is on the rise with over 300 mW installed as of 2016.
Looking for a specific city in Connecticut? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: