Location: Shelton, CT
Shelton, CT is in Fairfield County, the most populous county in Connecticut. The city has an estimated population of 41,334 residents as of 2016. Shelton residents have had an energy choice since 1998 when Connecticut passed deregulation laws. Connecticut residents typically use less energy than the national average. They are currently the 6th lowest energy consuming state in the nation. Since there are no fossil fuels in the state, Shelton residents must use renewable energy or have their energy imported from other states. For more information on the Shelton, CT energy market, see the graphs below.
Check Out Our Latest Video On Connecticut
Solar Score for Shelton, CT
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Shelton, CT
Connecticut produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- In 2016, more natural gas was used to heat Connecticut homes than nuclear power.
- Connecticut receives its natural gas from interstate pipelines
- Biomass fuels 3/5 of Connecticut’s renewable energy production
- Coal production has dropped from 10% a decade ago to less than 1% today
Looking for a specific city in Connecticut? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: