Location: Hartford, CT 06160
Hartford, CT residents, and businesses have been able to shop and compare their electricity supply rate since 1998. Historically, Hartford, CT, along with the rest of Connecticut, have had higher electricity rates than the national average. Most of Hartford is served by the utility Eversource Energy which was formally Connecticut Power & Lights but was rebranded in February of 2015. The energy rates in Hartford are around 25% less than the rest of CT. For more information on Hartford energy usage, rates and sources, see the information below.
Solar Score for Hartford, CT 06160
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Hartford, CT 06160
Hartford, CT produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Nuclear energy is still the main source for Hartford residents
- Natural gas is growing fast and is now the main source of heat in the winter for Hartford residents
- Hartford is promoting the use of alternative energy for the transportation sector to cut down on emissions
- Solar energy is on the rise with over 300 mW installed as of 2016.
Looking for a specific city in Connecticut? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: