Location: New Haven, CT
New Haven sits on the northern border of Long Island Sound in Connecticut and is apart of the greater New York City metro area. New Haven Harbor is a busy import and export harbor of the coast of Long Island. New Haven is the 2nd largest city in Connecticut with an estimated population of 125,000 residents. Connecticut passed a bill in 1998 that deregulated their energy market and gave New Haven residents a choice in their energy supplier. Prior to that bill, New Haven residents had no choice in their energy supplier and could only get electricity from their utility. Below you will find more information on New Haven energy usage, sources, electricity rates and more.
Check Out Our Latest Video On Connecticut
Solar Score for New Haven, CT
Compare Electricity has developed a solar score for New Haven, CT residents and businesses of 23. This score is based on on a combination of factors including how much sun the area receives, roof space and obstacles that may obstruct the sun, electricity generation needed to be cost-effective, and more. Here is a description of each section of the solar score graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for New Haven, CT
Connecticut produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- In 2016, more natural gas was used to heat Connecticut homes than nuclear power.
- Connecticut receives its natural gas from interstate pipelines
- Biomass fuels 3/5 of Connecticut’s renewable energy production
- Coal production has dropped from 10% a decade ago to less than 1% today
Looking for a specific city in Connecticut? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: