Location: Stamford, CT 06928
Stamford is the 3rd largest state in Connecticut with over 128,000 residents. It is located in Fairfield County, CT in the southeast corner of the state. Stamford, CT became deregulated in 1998 when the state of Connecticut opened its doors to retail energy providers (REP). This gave residents and businesses in Stamford a choice in staying with their utility or switching to a different supply rate offered by a REP. Stamford is home to several large businesses including 4 Fortune 500 companies. For more information on Stamford, CT energy usage, energy source, electricity rates and solar score, see the graphs below.
Solar Score for Stamford, CT 06928
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Stamford, CT 06928
Stamford, CT produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Nuclear power is still the main source of energy for Stamford residents
- Natural gas is fast growing in Connecticut and may take over as the most used source of electricity in the next couple years
- Renewable energy is growing in CT with a goal of having 27% of energy come from renewable sources by 2020.
- There are no fossil fuels in Stamford, CT, the coal they used in imported from other states.
Looking for a specific city in Connecticut? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: