Location: Waterbury, CT 06749
Waterbury, CT sits 33 miles south of Hartford, CT and 77 miles north of New York City. With a population of just over 110,000 residents, it is the 5th most populated city in Connecticut and the 9th largest city in the New England region. Waterbury residents have had energy deregulation since 1998 when the state passed laws allowing retail energy providers to enter the state. These providers can offer competitive electricity supply rates that Connecticut residents can switch to. For more information on the Waterbury, CT energy profile, see the graphs and current electricity rates below.
Solar Score for Waterbury, CT 06749
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Waterbury, CT 06749
Connecticut produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- In 2016, more natural gas was used to heat Connecticut homes than nuclear power.
- Connecticut receives its natural gas from interstate pipelines
- Biomass fuels 3/5 of Connecticut’s renewable energy production
- Coal production has dropped from 10% a decade ago to less than 1% today
Looking for a specific city in Connecticut? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: