Location: Joliet, IL 60436
30 miles south of Chicago sits the city of Joliet, IL. It is the 3rd largest city in the state of Illinois with a population just shy of 150,000 residents as of the 2010 US census. Joliet residents and businesses had been able to switch off their utility to a retail energy provider for their electricity supply rate since 1999 when the state pass the Electric Service Customer Choice and Rate Relief Law. Even though Joliet has had energy deregulation for decades, most still have not shopped electricity rates. Below is more information one the Joliet, IL energy profile and electricity rates.
Solar Score for Joliet, IL 60436
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Joliet, IL 60436
Here are the current energy sources produced by the state of Illinois.
- IL is the Midwest leader in coal harvest and transportation
- Illinois is the national leader in electricity generation from nuclear power
- The majority of the renewable energy produced in IL is from wind energy
- Illinois is home to 18 natural gas pipelines and 2 natural gas market centers
Looking for a specific city in Illinois? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: