Location: Worcester, MA
The city of Worcester is home to 181,045 residents. The city is centrally located in MA and is about 40 miles west of Boston. Worcester, along with the rest of MA, experiences higher electricity rates than the national average. Massachusetts as a state has the 6th highest electricity rates in the country. However, Worcester residents have been able to shop their electricity supply rate since the late 1990s due to energy deregulation. In this section, you will find more information about Worcester energy sources, usages, energy rates and solar score.
Check Out Our Latest Video on Massachusetts
Solar Score for Worcester, MA
Compare Electricity has developed a solar score for Worcester, MA residents and businesses of 29. This score is based on on a combination of factors including how much sun the area receives, roof space and obstacles that may obstruct the sun, electricity generation needed to be cost-effective, and more. Here is a description of each section of the solar score graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Worcester, MA
Worcester, MA produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Nearly 2/3 of the energy consumed in MA comes from natural gas
- Worcester residents use renewable energy from hydroelectric, wind, solar and biomass sources
- There are no fossil fuels in Worcester, the coal used is imported from other states
- Nuclear energy is declining as a main source of electricity in MA
Looking for a specific city in Massachusetts? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: