Location: Yonkers, NY
With close to 200,000 residents, Yonkers is the 4th largest city in New York behind New York City, Buffalo, and Albany. Yonkers is located on the Hudson River and the city spans across 20.2 square miles. Yonkers residents and businesses have had energy deregulation since the state passed Competitive Opportunities Case legislation in 1996. This allowed retail energy providers into the state to offer competitive electricity supply rates. Below is more information on Yonkers' energy profile.
Solar Score for Yonkers, NY
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Yonkers, NY
New York produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- More than half of New York residents heat their homes with natural gas
- Nuclear power, natural gas and hydroelectricity provide over 90% of the electricity consumed in NY
- About 80% of the renewable energy produced in NY comes from hydroelectric sources
- There is no coal located in New York, coal is transported in from Pennsylvania
Looking for a specific city in New York? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: