Location: Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati is the 3rd largest city in Ohio with a population of just under 300,000 residents. The greater Cincinnati metro area has a population of 2.1million people. A major city in the Ohio Valley, Cincinnati sits on the Ohio River and borders Kentucky. When the state of Ohio passed Senate Bill 3, which restructured the public energy utilities in the state and allowed for competitors to energy the energy market, Cincinnati residents were able to choose their energy supplier. After the bill pass in 1999, retail energy providers started to enter the Ohio market and offer competing rates. For more information on the Cincinnati energy market and electricity rates, see the graphs below.
Solar Score for Cincinnati, OH
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati, OH produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Nearly 2/3 of the energy produced in Ohio comes from coal
- Natural gas generation has increased significantly in OH over the past decade
- Wind energy is the most abundant renewable energy source with hydroelectric and solar installations increasing in the past 5 years
- There are 2 nuclear power plants in the state that supply 16% of the total energy generation in Ohio
Looking for a specific city in Ohio? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: