Location: Cleveland, OH
Cleveland, OH is the 2nd largest city in the state with a population of 388,072. The city along with Akron and Canton has a metro area of over 3.5million residents. Cleveland is located on the northeast side of Ohio and borders Lake Erie and Pennsylvania. Cleveland residents have had energy deregulation since the state passed Senate Bill 3 in 1999. The bill called for all the state’s 8 energy utilities to restructure and “unbundle” their generation, delivery and supply charges. Since then, Cleveland residents have had a choice in their energy supplier and have had the ability to shop for lower supply rates. For more information on the Cleveland energy market, and current energy rates, see the information below.
Solar Score for Cleveland, OH
Compare Electricity has developed a solar score for Cleveland, OH residents and businesses of 9/100. The score is based on on a combination of factors including how much sun the area receives, roof space and obstacles that may obstruct the sun, electricity generation needed to be cost-effective, and more. Here is a description of each section of the solar score graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Cleveland, OH
Cleveland, OH produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Nearly 2/3 of the energy produced in Ohio comes from coal
- Natural gas generation has increased significantly in OH over the past decade
- Wind energy is the most abundant renewable energy source with hydroelectric and solar installations increasing in the past 5 years
- There are 2 nuclear power plants in the state that supply 16% of the total energy generation in Ohio
Looking for a specific city in Ohio? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: