Location: Dayton, OH
Dayton is the 6th largest city in Ohio with an estimated population of 141,527. The Dayton metro area is estimated at nearly 800,000 residents. Dayton is located on the southwest side of the state in the Miami Valley region of Ohio. After Senate Bill 3 was passed in Ohio, Dayton residents have had the ability to shop and choose their energy supplier. Although Dayton has been deregulated for nearly two decades, many residents still have not shopped and compared their utility’s supply rate with retail energy providers. In this section, we will provide you energy rates for Dayton, energy sources used by residents, usage statistics and solar energy information.
Solar Score for Dayton, OH
Compare Electricity has developed a solar score for Dayton, OH residents and businesses of 39/100. The score is based on on a combination of factors including how much sun the area receives, roof space and obstacles that may obstruct the sun, electricity generation needed to be cost-effective, and more. Here is a description of each section of the solar score graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Dayton, OH
Dayton, OH produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Nearly 2/3 of the energy produced in Ohio comes from coal
- Natural gas generation has increased significantly in OH over the past decade
- Wind energy is the most abundant renewable energy source with hydroelectric and solar installations increasing in the past 5 years
- There are 2 nuclear power plants in the state that supply 16% of the total energy generation in Ohio
Looking for a specific city in Ohio? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: