Location: Dayton, OH 45434
Dayton is the 6th largest city in Ohio with an estimated population of 141,527. The Dayton metro area is estimated at nearly 800,000 residents. Dayton is located on the southwest side of the state in the Miami Valley region of Ohio. After Senate Bill 3 was passed in Ohio, Dayton residents have had the ability to shop and choose their energy supplier. Although Dayton has been deregulated for nearly two decades, many residents still have not shopped and compared their utility’s supply rate with retail energy providers. In this section, we will provide you energy rates for Dayton, energy sources used by residents, usage statistics and solar energy information.
Solar Score for Dayton, OH 45434
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Dayton, OH 45434
Dayton, OH produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Nearly 2/3 of the energy produced in Ohio comes from coal
- Natural gas generation has increased significantly in OH over the past decade
- Wind energy is the most abundant renewable energy source with hydroelectric and solar installations increasing in the past 5 years
- There are 2 nuclear power plants in the state that supply 16% of the total energy generation in Ohio
Looking for a specific city in Ohio? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: