Location: Allentown, PA
Allentown is Pennsylvanias 3rd most populous city and the 231st largest city in the US. It has a population of 118,032 as of the 2010 census. It is located on the east side of the state on the Lehigh River. Allentown residents have been able to switch of their utility to a retail energy provider ever since the state passed the Electric Generation Customer Choice and Competition Act of 1996. This allowed for open competition in the state between the utility and retail energy providers. The goal was that by allowing competition, it would drive down electricity rates for the consumers. Below is more information on the Allentown energy profile.
Check Out Our Latest Video on Pennsylvania
Solar Score for Allentown, PA
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Allentown, PA
Pennsylvania produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- PA is the leading producer of coal, natural gas, electricity petroleum in the US
- Pennsylvania is the 3rd largest energy producing state in the US
- About 4% of the energy produced in PA comes from renewable energy sources that include hydroelectric, wind, biomass and solar
- Pennsylvania is the 2nd largest nuclear energy producing state behind Illinois
Looking for a specific city in Pennsylvania? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: