Location: Warwick, RI
Warwick is located 65 miles southwest of Boston and is the 2nd largest city in Rhode Island with an estimated population of 82,672 residents. It is home to Rhode Island’s largest airport, T.F. Green Airport, which serves the greater Providence area. Rhode Island was the first state to pass energy deregulation laws in 1998 that gave Warwick residents a choice to compare and switch electricity supply rates. The plan was to phase in energy deregulation gradually so that the state’s energy utilities could restructure. Initially, RI allowed 25 retail energy providers to offer rates and by mid 2000 they opened their energy market to more energy providers. In this section, you will learn more about Warwick’s energy sources, usage, solar and electricity rates.
Solar Score for Warwick, RI
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Warwick, RI
Warwick, RI produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- 95% of electricity comes from natural gas
- Solar, wind and biomass energy make up the remaining 5% of electricity generation
- The natural gas used in RI is received via pipeline from New York or Massachusetts
- Rhode Island is home to the first offshore wind farm on Block Island
Looking for a specific city in Rhode Island? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: