Location: Annapolis, MD
Located on the Chesapeake Bay, Annapolis is the capital of Maryland. Annapolis is apart of the Baltimore-Washington D.C. metro area and has a population of just over 39,000 residents. In 1999, Maryland passed a bill to deregulate their energy their market and restructure their utilities. Essentially, this bill separated the generation, delivery and supply portion of the energy bill. The generation and delivery is still provided by the utility in Annapolis, BG&E, but residents could now shop around for the best supply rate. The goal of this bill was to increase competition and drive down electricity prices for Maryland residents. Below you can find more information on the energy market in Annapolis.
Solar Score for Annapolis, MD
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Annapolis, MD
Annapolis, MD produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Coal and nuclear power account for over 80% of electricity generation in Maryland
- Maryland’s consumption exceeds its energy production and must import much of its energy to meet energy demand
- Maryland is home to the Conowingo hydroelectric power plant, one of the biggest hydroelectric plants in the country
- Almost 200 megawatts of wind energy have been installed in Maryland since 2007
Looking for a specific city in Maryland? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: