Location: Rockville, MD
Rockville, MD is centrally located in Montgomery County, Maryland. Rockville’s population as on the 2010 census was 61,209 residents, making it the 3rd largest city in Maryland. Rockville’s energy market became deregulated in 1999 when Maryland passed a bill to open its energy market to retail energy providers. While thousands of Maryland residents have switched off their utility to a lower rate, many still have not taken advantage of their energy choice. In this section, you can find more information on Rockville’s energy usage, source, solar energy score and electricity rates.
Here is Our Latest Video For Maryland Residents
Solar Score for Rockville, MD
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Rockville, MD
Rockville, MD produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- There is one nuclear power plant in Maryland that supplies 40% of the nuclear electricity consumed in the state
- There is no petroleum in Maryland, all petroleum used is imported from other states
- 70% of the natural gas consumed in MD is used by the residential and commercial sectors
- 66% of the coal used for electricity in MD comes from Pennsylvania
Looking for a specific city in Maryland? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: