Location: Pasadena, MD
Pasadena, MD is located in northern Anne Arundel County has a population of 24,847 residents as of the 2010 census. However, the 21122 zip code also encompasses Lake Shore and Riveria Beach. These 3 cities collectively have a population of 50,000 residents. Pasadena residents and businesses have had energy deregulation since 1999 when the state legislature passed the Electric Utility Industry Restructuring Act. Pasadena residents get their energy from a variety of sources. Also, residents tend to use more energy throughout the year than the national average. For more information, see the graphs below.
Here is Our Latest Video For Maryland Residents
Solar Score for Pasadena, MD
The Solar Score represents how good of a candidate you are for a home solar installation. We take into account a combination of factors specific to your area. Using these factors, we can determine how long it would take for a home solar installation to pay for itself. has received a solar score of . Below is a description for each area of the graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Pasadena, MD
Maryland produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Coal and nuclear power account for nearly 75% of Maryland’s total energy production
- 40% of Maryland residents use electricity to heat their homes in the winter
- Maryland is home to the Conowingo hydroelectric power plant, one of the biggest hydroelectric plants in the US
- Natural gas has been increasing in the last decade but is still far behind coal and nuclear power in MD
Looking for a specific city in Maryland? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: