Location: Baltimore, MD 21215
Baltimore is the largest city in Maryland and 30th largest city in the US by population. With a population of 621,849 in 2015, Baltimore is the largest independent city in the US. Baltimore had its energy market deregulated with the passing of a bill by the Maryland General Assembly in 1999. Since then, Baltimore residents have been able to shop and compare their electricity supply rates with their utility BG&E. Even though thousands of Baltimore residents have switched, the majority are still getting their electricity supplied by their utility. Learn more about Baltimore’s energy usage, sources, solar potential and electricity rates in this section.
Here is Our Latest Video For Maryland Residents
Solar Score for Baltimore, MD 21215
Compare Electricity has developed a solar score for Baltimore, MD residents and businesses of 27. This score is based on on a combination of factors including how much sun the area receives, roof space and obstacles that may obstruct the sun, electricity generation needed to be cost-effective, and more. Here is a description of each section of the solar score graph:
- Red = “Not Viable” meaning a solar installation would not be cost-effective.
- Yellow = “Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself over time.
- Green = “Very Viable” meaning a solar installation would pay for itself quickly and has large savings potential.
Sources for Baltimore, MD 21215
Baltimore, MD produces energy from a variety of sources. Here are the state’s current energy sources and energy production trends.
- Coal and nuclear power account for most of the electricity production in Baltimore
- Baltimore is home to one of the largest biomass plants in Maryland
- Natural gas and been increasing steadily in the past 10 years as an electricity source for Baltimore residents
- Maryland is home to one of the biggest hydroelectric power plants in the nation
Looking for a specific city in Maryland? Check out our featured cities below for more specific energy usage information.
Compare Electricity is dedicated to keeping you current and up to date with industry leading research. View all the latest news, articles and videos for your location below: